[BNW] The Covenant

Hey all!

I was catching up on my reading of the DELTA GREEN list, and this piece
caught my eye for the Covenat, to be used by Schismatics(sp). I'm leaving in
the cliped part that leads to the remarks. Anyone playing a Covenant out
there, Schisimatic or otherwise?

:
   > group was formed, however, to maintain religious purity when Hitler
appointed
   > a Reich bishop. This group was known as the Bekkenntniskirche
(Confessional
   > Church). The group issued a declaration that Christian beliefs were not
   > compatible with the Nazi Weltanschauung (World-view or doctrine).
Hitler
   > attacked the Protestant Churches by closing their schools, seizing
property
   > and driving away pastors. Many pastors gave into the regime but some
   > continued to oppose it. 7000 ministers joined the Confessional Church.
Many
   > of these paid with their freedom and/or their lives.

   I think one of the major errors of the Bekenntniskirche and other
protestant groups in Nazi Germany was: Their Pacifism. When you`re
confronted with probably the worst possible regime, you can't just preach
and teach that what they do is a bad, bad thing. This may help to find sleep
at night and people will say that you were good man or woman after the
regime killed you. Seriously: What did they achieve: Nothing, nada, rien.
OK, a tiny group of them might have saved a handful, but compared to six
millions....
   When you're confronted with such violence, the only answer is violence.
This may be sad, but I'm afraid that's the lesson to be learned from WWII.