Re: [BNW] The Sneak, Death of a Campaign and more

Steve Crow wrote:

> If the game falls somewhere in-between...well, it tends to be a turnoff
> to both such groups, leaving a much limited subset of folks who fall in
> the middle.

You might be right about this. Seen from a superhero point of view then the
power packages aren't good enough and seen from an agent point of view then
the system is very solid (and can be used for playing standard modern
campaigns) and the power packages is a disturbing element that don't really
fit into the rest of the game's structure.

> Your local demographics may vary.

Nope. I know I'm the only one in a town of 300,000 who have bought this game
in a local store (some might have bought it over the net).

> It looks fairly interesting, but I haven't had the time or money to pick
> it up.  I'm also more of a DC fan.  And did pick up the new DC Universe
> RPG this weekend.

The difference between the Marvel and the DC game is that the game mechanics
in the Marvel game are custom made to reflect the comic book reality of the
marvel comics while the DC mechanics are made for a more universal heroic
style.

Nikolaj Lemche

E-mail: nikolaj@mail1.stofanet.dk
Homepage: http://members.xoom.com/Kuranov/