Re: [BNW] Meta-Plot vs Static world

From: Nikolaj Lemche <nikolaj@mail1.stofanet.dk>

> Examples of games that have done this well is Aberrant and Heavy Gear.
> Example of games that have done it badly is Trinity and now BNW.

    Hey, I had to wait for 2nd Ed before it became worth buying Heavy Gear
as just a core rule book for a role playing game. (I let other people buy
the "Depleted Uranium Amunition of the North Volume One" stuff.) It looks
like I might have to do that for BNW as well, which is a little annoying
because I usually like to own at least the main book for evey game I play
in.

> My conclusion is that metaplots are cool, but they need to be build on a
> very solid foundation, BNW doesn't have any real foundations and the way
the
> metaplot is presented is bad because it reduces the games usability for
many
> GMs.

    That just about sums it up nicely.

    Malcolm.