Re: [BNW] Books

>Hi everyone,
>     I just began to Guide my BNW players into their first adventure.  I have
>the RuleBook, the Player's Guide, the sceern, Defiants and Delta Prime.  I
>didn't see any reviews aboutr the other products.  Could anybody point me
>out which book is a must and which one is well...  not a must...
>     Thanks!
>             Ovronnaz

I have nearly everything released. Here's my quick estimation:

"Defiants" and "Delta Prime" are good books. They substantially
advance the plot.

"Crescent City" is okay. If your campaign takes place there, it gives
you some good plotlines, including neighborhoods where things happen,
a touch of criminal activity, some good NPC's to interact with your
characters and a few behind-the-scenes conspiracies involving the
city's big people.

"Bargainers" is only really necessary if you have a very intense
campaign involving Bargainer PC's. If you only have one Bargainer,
I'd see if I could borrow the book and give it a quick read-through.
In fact, I'm irritated that some of the important morality behind
Bargainers - which explains their moral stance behind dealing with
demons and the nature of their "deals" - is made Guide-only
information. The info almost frightened my very religious Bargainer
player out of the campaign, until I let him read some of the Guide
info.

"Evil Unlimited" is, IMHO, the weakest of the books. It provides some
details about the organizations's past, and it has an interesting
adventure in the back of the book. But on the whole I found it weak.
It's like a long lecture from a bad guy who you KNOW is bad, and
having to wallow through his lies to find the teeny pieces of truth
in it.

In fact, Truth should have been in it - "EU" should have had a
section of the Delta Times web site that gave the Defiance's attitude
towards EU and their treatment of deltas. The one-sidedness of the
player section of the book got to me, especially after the brilliance
of "Defiants." (Perhaps the one compensation...isn't that Matt
Forbeck playing an EU executive on the cover?)

No word about "Covenant" or "Crossroads" yet.

Yours, Thomas E. Reed

--
Animation, movies, TV, gaming...seen through a funhouse mirror at
Tom Reed's Off -Model site - http://www.off-model.com