RE: [DL] dynamite question

> How long does it take dynamite to go off?  I've been having
> it take one
> round to go off, exploding on the same segment that it was
> lit on (example:
> it's lit when initiative is on 8s, going off when the next
> round hits 8s
> before actions take place).  Am I handling this right?

IYG.. do it how you want to!

Here's how we handle dynamite:

It takes two actions to light and throw it. You can assume the fuse etc is
already set, but the character has to break it off at the desired length etc
before lighting it, so a demolitions roll is necessary.

Make the demolition roll on the first action, and just remember what was
rolled for now. A botch is bad - the effects are up to the marshal but
usually you're talking 'boom'.

Second action - throwing roll. Handle this just as you normally would for
thrown items, including deviation from where it was supposed to be thrown
etc.

OK, now it's time to remember what the demolitions roll was. The character
gets to take cards as if it was an initiative roll (so 1-4 = 1 card, 5-9 = 2
cards, 10-14 = 3 cards etc up to 5 cards max). Note this takes place AFTER
the dynamite has been thrown (or set, or whatever).

Obviously the better the demolitions roll, the more cards the characer has
to choose from. The character can choose out of the cards available as to
when the dynamite will go off (so a better roll means more likely to be
closer to when they want it). This is in relation to the segment the stick
was thrown in.

e.g. The stick is thrown on the 8 of spades, and the player pulls the 7 of
clubs, the 2 of diamonds and the 9 of hearts. She can have the stick go off
this round on the 7 or the 2, or next round on the 9.

Red Joker - The character can choose (but does so immediately, she cannot
wait until later in the round and suddenly say "boom".

Black Joker - Marshal decides when it goes off.. if the character has the
bad luck hinderance she's probably going to get a sore hand!

Brian "Works for us" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.