Re: [DL] Plot Help

> O.K., Drakul and Caligula I know, but who's
> Elizabeth Bathory?

This is all from memory, Countess Elizabeth Bathory
(thought it was Bastory?) was a fiend as vile as those
of the above.  I think she may have been related to
good ol' vlad (an aunt or something).  Anyhow, she
believed in the healing and rejuvinating powers of
blood (like Michael Jackson and the oxygen tents).  On
a regular basis she would bathe in blood (not her
own).  I don't recall if the blood was from virgins,
but I'm certain that it was from only women.  She has
some cruel devices related to the iron maiden (typical
spikes in cage punture person type) use to pierce and
collect the blood from the victims.  Eventually (I
think after several years) people got tired of this
practice, locked her in a tower and sealed it up.

That was all the RL aspect.  Now technically they
never killed her, so she can still be wandering around
in the DL universe.

Now I believe the original thread dealt with scare
museums .. or at least odd ones, so here's my two
cents ....

First, read Pickman's Model by Mr. H.P. Lovecraft.
Have the players wander around the place looking at
all the bizzare, grotesque pictures and the have one
of the players accidently find a photograph of the
actual disturbing scene in one of the pictures :)

Second, I was thinking have it like a children's
museum, but don't call it such, nor have it for
children.  I know they're not scary, but they're
pleanty bizzare with gadgets and gidgets all over the
place.  Oh wait ... make it a MS's museum with all his
inventer works, from the automatic bread
baker/slicer/toaster/and butterer to the ghost rock
driven, vibrating rocking chair.

Third, I really like the idea of using a randomizer
with a set of encyclopedias.  Shoot that could work
with a lot of different thngs ... adventure ideas ...
lost relics .. character obsessions and fears ...

-Munch Wolf