Re: Zip vs. CD-RW [OT] (was: [DL] Please read if you havesubmittedanything r...

Roger Bert wrote:

> Jamming wrote:
>
> > Just to add my two cents (Confederate), that the CDRW Drive is
> > also good because
> > once you burn the CDR or CDRW Disc you can access it with almost
> > any CDROM Drive
> > that you have available.
>
> Greetings. This is not true. CDRW Discs only read in multi-read drives. Most
> newer drives are multi-read but plenty are NOT compatible with CDRW.
>
> If you are changing the documents allot then zip disks or CDRW are the way
> to go.
> Roger Bert <Furyondy@TDI.net>

True if you have a CD-ROM Drive that is ancient, produced prior to 1997.  If you
have one that is since then that cannot, then you need to check for newer
drivers.  Most CD-ROM 16X and better can read the multiple formats, if not its
time to invest in a new one, or one that can read DVD's as well as CD-ROM's.

Jamming