Re: [DL] Need a nightmare to run someone through...

At 04:59 PM 1/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I need a nightmare for someone with a Deathwish and a fear of
>immortality... i have a few ideas... but none that have really hit me
>that say: "Wow, that's good, do it!"

         Why do they fear immortality?  That's where the nightmare lies.

         It's probably been overused, but you could use some variation
on the trapped or buried alive theme.  A mine cave in or avalanche, they
lie there trapped, thirsty, but they cannot drink, starving, but they cannot
eat.  How many years will they be trapped until someone digs them out?
Will anyone ever come?  Add in a few bugs crawling over them, perhaps
gnawing on them a bit.  When they try and scream the bugs go into their
mouth.

         Stake them out in the sun on the traditional ant hill.  The buzzards
can pick at them.  They can feel themselves being eaten alive, and watch
as a trail of thousands of ants carries off bits and pieces of their flesh,
flesh
which grows back so the ants can eat some more.