Re: [DL] A question.....wound penalties and healing?

>When a player makes a natural healing roll do you make him subtract his
>wound penalty from any roll?  Or do you, as I have been doing, assume that
>the penalty is included in the target number.

Officially - yes.  The wound penalty does affect the vigor roll to heal.

But I've found that this tends to slow the game down in terms of healing -
as characters tend to carry wounds with them from adventure to adventure -
especially since all they do is heal on level every five days.
I give my players a bit of a break, and just have them roll against the
target number.  They still can carry wounds around, but there is hope that
they will indeed get better.

Another house rule I use is that player's can spend chips at any time to
negate wounds.  It's just something that always seems to happen in Westerns.
Hero is smashed up, staggering around, can barely stand after getting
shot/beat/stabbed/burned/etc. by the bad guys.  His friend comes in - "Your
brother/wife/girlfriend/the schoolmarm/your horse/the bartender is in
trouble.  They got him/her/it too."
Hero grits his teeth, grimaces, takes a couple of deep breaths, and is
perfectly fine.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Eeyore:
If it did.  Which I doubt.  Not that it matters.