Re: [DL] Soul blast question <SPOILERS>

--- PEGGoff@aol.com wrote:
> Standard Time,
> david.tabb@msfc.nasa.gov writes:
>
> > This is for Marshalls only.
> >  SPOILER SPACE:

> >  I had a weird thought I've decided to pass on to
> you.  Soul blast affects
> >  souls only, not physical material.  Ghost rock
> contains a multitude of
> >  damned souls.  So, can soul blast affect ghost
> rock and its derivatives?
> >  What would the results be?
>
> Hmm...very good point.
>
> If you want to follow this train of thought, I'd say
> that ghost rock is the
> only "inanimate" material that blocks a Soul Blast.
> Not ghost rock tempered
> steel, mind you--just pure ghost rock. You could
> fashion some sort of
> protection out of it and I'd treat it as armor
> depending on its thickness ala
> page 133 in the Player's Guide, or, if you're
> feeling really math-special,
> you can use the durability rules in Smith & Robards
> to allow it to be blasted
> apart by successful hits.
>
> John Goff

I don't suppose we can count it towards ghost rock
fever, can we?  Rubbing up against all that rock can't
be good for anyone...

=====
Sometimes your hunger for life seems like desperation
And when I read about the world these days all I can feel is hatred
The fortune teller is closing her doors
She looked into the crystal and saw nothing at all
--
Steve Wallace
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Metro/9384/