[DL] Re: [HoE] Iron Oasis has a map...sort-of (mild spoilers)

>>It ain't poster size and it ain't color but there is a small (less than half
>>page) map that I blew-up and plan on using.

Actually, that map gave me a good idea of just how small Junkyard actually
was. The info in the book said that it didn't house that many people, and
looking at the map, I understand why.

As to the rest of the book, I have to kind of concur with some earlier
posters. The posse section was great, but I was hoping for more of it. Same
with the Marshall secrets. There's some nice useful stuff there, but I just
wanted more of it.

The vehicle rules and the cyberware stuff just kind of clashed with the tone
of the rest of the book. This one FEELS like it was originally going to go in
a box. Nothing wrong with that, but the flying rules feel like they belonged
in Road Warriors, and the Cyberware feels like it should have been
incorporated in Cyborgs, so they could have left more room for more info on
Junkyard (and the surrounding area) itself. I know I wasn't going to get
another City o'Gloom, but I still wish there had been more in there.

One last comment about the map...there is a "plot" mentioned in the posse
section of the book that is leading into an upcoming adventure "Urban
Renewal." I'd bet that we're going to get some detail (so to speak) on
Junkyard from there, if nowhere else.

--Jacques