Re: [DL] A Relic

> Hi everybody... I need an idea, I gave a person in my group a small silver
medallion with the chinese symbols of Chaos and Protection on it... I want
this to be a >relic... I'm just having trouble coming up with the powers for
it, any thoughts?

     Howzabout a modified version of the old AD&D Death Servant? Whenever a
character holding the medallion is hit by a blow that would have killed him,
a spirit jumps out of the Chinese underworld to take the hit instead. The
catch is that by doing this, the ghosts are blasted into total nonexistence.
Most Chinese people won't take too kindly to this posse member using the
souls of their dear ancestors as a mystical bullet-proof vest, and will
probably lynch the character (or worse) if they see him with the amulet in
his possession.

                                ---Ghoull