[DL] RE: Idaho the Deadland.

> how did they turn Idaho into a Deadland?

Thought I told you about this one...

I was running the 'ticked off' adventure (from the PA Posse webpage I
think), and at the end of it they set MANY charges of dynamite in the mine
and blew it (to make sure nobody could ever get down there again).

When it went off, a huge column of flame and white smoke came pouring out,
and they could see faces and bodies writhing and squirming within the flames
and smoke.

So, they shrugged their shoulders and left!!!!!

I decided that their explosions had ignited all of the ghost rock left in
the mine and the entire mine has been burning for over a year (game time)
now. The sheer number of manitou etc released have (I have decided)
corrupted Idaho (the adventure was set in Idaho because it was just a short
while they were on their way to the nearby town of Greenwood, Idaho
("Greenwood man found drowned in field" adventure from the PEG homepage))
and turned much of it into a deadland. They're going to have to go back and
face the horrors they caused, which will consist of:

* Various horrors terrorising much of Idaho.. they'll have to clear out a
few towns etc.
* Three failed caravans the Sweetrock Mining Company sent to find out why
they had lost contact with the mine - the members of the caravans etc have
been corrupted, changed etc and will be out for the posse's blood.
* The town of greenwood - not a nice place to be right now, being so close
to the mine...
* The not-terribly-happy bodies of the miners who they buried right outside
the mine before they blew it up.
* and finally.. the mine itself, with undead prairie ticks etc and the
fearmonger - a *HUGE* 'glom containing undead 'ticks, the undead 'tick queen
and some more miners bodies which will control the mine. This 'glom will
also incorporate mechanical enhancements, as the Mad Scientist lost much of
his $1000 wagon of mechanical stuff here.

The mine itself will now exist partially in the real world and partially in
the hunting grounds, so it's going to be fairly nasty to enter, I think.
However, as they wander through the mist of the hunting grounds I'll use it
as an excuse to give them some hints about upcoming stuff (images and shapes
seen in the mist) and set them up for my coup de grace...

... they're going to end up *causing* the reckoning. And what's best..
they'll think they're stopping it by doing so.

God, I love this game!!!

Brian.

.-->
Brian Leybourne
NT Systems Administrator
Wang; Air New Zealand
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.