[DL] [OT] document formats [GOFF]

Following your mention of how you were working on the Deadlands timeline and
my subsequent posting of the Ghost Riders idea (and the fact that I saved it
in RTF), I thought I should make a recommendation.

You see, I tend to save text documents in a rather obscure (to most people,
anyway) format: Rich Text Format.  I saved an office 2000 .doc version of
the finished Ghost Riders document, and here's the comparison of file sizes:
the .rtf file was 7.57 kiobytes and the .doc version was an even 28
kilobytes- almost 4 times the size.  Based on this, unless you're using
drawn-in lines or tables or something, you (and others on this list) may
well wish to consider using Richt Text Format instead of the .doc format.
An added bonus is that people without Word can open RTF.  It defaults to
opening with Wordpad, which just comes with Windows.  Please forgive me if
I'm telling you things you already know, but I just thought that this could
benefit everyone by providing lower download time when the product is
finished, saving on both our time and your bandwidth.

Nick "Isn't being home for a night to get new tires productive?" Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications
Entropy Gradient Reversals