Re: [DL] hexslinger blues... [Goff]

In a message dated 2/1/00 11:46:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smilingbandit2@yahoo.com writes:

> Looking through Law Dogs and H&H, I realized
>  something:  Kentucky Windage beats the hell out of the
>  Hexslinger hexes Bullseye and Bullet w/ your name on
>  it.

Okay, for all around use, KW probably does beat BWYNOI. The one major
difference is that while KW has a limited duration, BWYNOI can be maintained
for as long as the hexslinger is willing to pay the Wind.
    These two hexes are a prime example of two things. The first is hexes
_aren't_ created equal. ;-)
    The second is two different designers will likely have two different
outlooks on the same thing. Law Dogs and H&H had overlap on the design table;
Steve didn't know what I was working on at the time and I was similalry
unaware of what Steve was developing. Hence, two different hexes that
accomplish largely the same thing with minor differences. Not a bad thing in
and of itself, but it does occasionally raise questions like this. BTW, since
those good ol' days, each PEG line has been assigned to a "brand manager"
who's responsible for (among a myriad of other things) checking for just such
occurrences.
    Now, as to Bullseye, I think there's a big difference. Bullseye actually
provides a bonus to the shooter's shootin' roll--and nothing says you can't
combine KW and Bullseye to get a TN 3 for a called shot to the head!
    Long and short, for a couple of reasons KW is more widely valuable than
BWYNOI, but Bullseye has it's own strengths.

John Goff