Re: [DL]: Beginners questions (a bunch)

> > I'm just getting into Deadlands.  I've got the
> Marshall's Handbook and
> > Players Guide.
> >
> > I am unable to find random or wandering encounter
> tables in either book.
> > What page(s) are they on?

I recall one deadlands website, but I can't find it
now, had a list of random (non-occult) events.  You
draw a card every game month and something happened
that was unrelated to the adventure.  Examples would
be, the circus coming to town, drought, bank robbers,
etc.  The idea was to add some spice to the game and
maybe a red herring or two.  I can see a more random
encounter tables along this line (of a non-reckoning
level) useful for playing off the cuff.  Even better
would be to grab a bunch of index cards and write up
some preset encounters (wagon train, bandits hideout,
campsite littered with dead bodies) and randomly draw
from them as needed.  Afterwards tear up the index
card so as to avoid repeats (dang, that's the 4th
random mohave rattler this adventure ....)

-Munch Wolf