[DL] Timing on saving bleeders question?

If my friend is dying and I want to use my medicine roll to save him from
bleeding (loss of wind per round), how many actions does it take to stop
bleeding?  If it is in the minutes, then how could it even be possible to
save someone from bleeding, allowing that you lose wind per round and there
are 12 rounds in a min?  Does it just take 1 action (card) and a general
medicine roll?  Or is it more complex than that?