[DL] Picture Size

Hi List,
This may be a little OT, but it is to do with a Deadlands Webpage.

I'm in the process of designing the Museum that you all contributed to,
as a Webpage(s) for every body to see.

The problem I have is that there are around 9 pictures, one per page
detailing different wings of the building, now they have to be a certain
size for people to see what is contained.
The main problem is memory size of the images, I have used JASC
Paintshop Pro 5 to descale the colours and resized the images, thus
saving memory, but they are now to small and resizing them up will cause
longer downloading times.

I want the images to be around the 40 - 50 K mark, at most.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Max