Re: [DL] Advice for heroics versus non heroics?

--- JSilver545@aol.com wrote:
> Okay, I know this is going to sound odd, but I'm
> looking for a way to reward
> a certain group member without making it 'obvious'
> that I'm rewarding him.
>
> Y'see, my posse has come to the conclusion that
> 'whenever we get sidetracked
> trying to help someone, we get into trouble'. Well,
> actually, all of the
> posse except one. Now, the problem is, he'll go off
> and do heroic things when
> others won't, like going off to fight a plague
> spirit on his own while the
> rest of the posse has decided such a thing isn't
> 'part of their job' (they're
> couriers right now) and they'll just let the guy go
> off on his own.

Have you tried a bait and switch?  Inform the posse of
a really horrible abomination.  As expected the posse
will ignore it except for this heroic player.  Have it
turn out to be a good Mad Scientist or some beneficial
creature instead which offers a boon to the party
member.  This might get the rest of the party more
interested in investigating weird occurances.

-Munch Wolf