Re: [DL] (NOT?) Dissapointed In All of You

What is rare is desirable (it is not about MtG cards, but it is true).

If there is one, two chats a month, I can imagine people will not attend,
thinking there will be nothing said compared to the previous one. Whereas if
there is chats are fewer, they will becomes events people will want to attend,
because they are "unusual events".

At list, it is what I suppose may be true.

And in my case, being on the digest, hidden behind a firewall, with no access to
irc, AOL, or Pyramid, makes attending to an online chat difficult. Also, the
fact that I am in Europe doesn't help, with the time differences. You where
speaking of 10-11pm in which part of the world? With 4 hours time difference in
London, it would be 2 o'clock in the morning.

Also, I am not online 24 hours a day, so I may miss the chat because I am
actually doing something else. But if I had internet at home, and I knew of a
real *special* event, I may actually try to make it, even at undue hours. If the
event is the *monthly* Pinnacle chat, I would think it will just be the "usual"
event, and then dismiss it.

Well, I hope I am not speaking only for myself.

And perhaps one day I will fly over the pond to one of the cons in the US. This
would be an event.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name
http://www.webb.net/sites/vvandeme/Deadlands/index.html