Re: SV: [DL] Movement Solutions? What do you think?

I tried an alternate movement system at my last game
d4 - 101
d6 - 111
d8 - 121
d10 - 212
d12 - 222

Each number represents how many yards a person can walk, per count.  For
example - if a character starts moving on a  King, and they have a 10 Pace,
on Kings they move 2 yards, on Queens they move 1 yard, Jacks - 2 yards,
10's - 2 yards, 9's - 1 yard, and 8's - 2 yards.  At that point they have
moved their 10 pace.  If they run then they move 4-2-4.

It spreads the movement out over 6 phases.  Pushing your pace added one
yard to that phase.

But it didn't work - it ended up being kludgy - especially since the map
scale was one hex = 3 yards.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Old Testament:
And rooster and hen were married.  And rooster did begat chicken.  And
chicken did cross the road.