Re: [DL] A question of Persuade...

> Could a player, even with a high Persuade roll, convince an Agent to
reveal state secrets? I'd have to say no, which is the way I ruled, but this
guy just won't shut >up about it.

     Well, Agents are (for the most part) only human. If a player manages to
make an excellent Persuade roll and comes up with a convincing reason for
the Agent to blab (pretending to be a fellow Agent might work), then I don't
see any reason why the Marshall can't let a secret or two slip as long as it
doesn't mess up the game. Which brings me to my next point...

>Not only that, but I just found out he's been reading my Marshal sections.

     In that case, the Agent should definitely tell the player some very
interesting and important secrets. The catch is that should the player
attempt to follow up on those secrets, he will find himself in the middle of
an Agency trap. The Agent he tried to milk for secrets isn't a dope, you
see. He realizes that anyone trying to get sensitive information out of him
is either a spy, a troublemaker, or something worse. No matter what, the
Agency doesn't appreciate such types nosing around their agents. If the
character manages to survive the trap set for him (personally, I'm a big fan
of orinthopter bombing runs), perhaps in the future he'll think twice before
sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

                                ---Ghoull