Re: [DL] Ral Partha Cowboys [SHANE]

Shane would know much better than I. He's the business whiz in the company.

However, no more knowledge than I have of these things, here's where I see the problems...

We would likely still have to pay through the nose to get the minis produced. We have to commission the molds--or take whatever someone else is willing to throw our way (and we're not).

We would want to commission molds because approval prcess on this sort of thing is also time-consuming and just downright painful. You've got the artist's idea on what he thinks would be "cool" and what we've already established for the setting. Oft times, the twain never meet and it's like pulling teeth to get what we want.

Second, Ral Partha might not be interested anyway. Leaving them generic gives them a wider market: Werewolf: the Savage West, Boot Hill, and GURPS: Old West can all use generic minis. OTOH, a Mojave Rattler baby only works for Deadlands.

Still, it doesn't hurt to look into it, so I've retagged it for Shane.

Thanks for the thought!

And stop calling me "Mr."! :-)

John