[DL] Speed load cylinders

Can any gun use a speed load cylinder, or does it have to be built
especially for that?  If the latter, which guns can use them?

My posse likes to stick with good ol' DA Peacemakers, but they've bought a
pile of extra cylinders.  I let them use 'em because I don't know either way
and because they get petulant if I don't throw them a bone once in a while.

Eagerly awaiting your replies,
David
(They didn't keep the pistols from "This Harrowed Ground" because they were
cap-and-ball.)