Re: [DL] DL Gatling weapons

> Ok heres something I've noticed that also applies to HOE if you are using
the > revised rules for that system as well.
> In the original rules
> SA pistols had a speed of 2 and ROF of 1
> DA pistols had a speed of 1 ROF of 1
> Gatling guns had a speed of 1 ROF of 3
> Revised rules:
> SA ROF 1
> DA ROF 2
> Gatling ROF 3

Personally in my campaign I use a variable ROF for Gatling Guns; 3, 6, 9,
and 12 (after all, it all depends on how fast you turn the crank). However,
the reliability of the weapon drops the faster you shoot it (barrels heat up
a lot faster).  If I recall correctly Gattling Guns could fire 300-600 RPMs,
and Gardner Guns did around 150-200 RPMs (two-barreled water cooled British
version of the Gatling Gun). Nordenfelt Guns are much less likely to jam
because of their design and the ROF has more to do with number of barrels
than heat build up, so I'll leave them for another time.
So, in my campaign things break down like this....

Weapon               ROF    Reliability
Gatling Gun             3            19
Gardner Gun           3            19
Gatling Gun             6             17
Gardner Gun           6             18
Gatling Gun             9             15
Gatling Gun           12             13

Eric Young