Re: [DL] Good starting adventures

At 01:31 AM 3/7/00 -0600, you wrote:
>> >Everyone Loves Zombies, off the old website <www.deadlands.com> works
>> >pretty well as a starter, too. Or put them in Nagodoches on the FIRST
>night
>> >the zombies rise...
>>
>> You know - that's the usually demo game I run around here.  Nagodoches.
>> Heh.  Nobody has made it out of the bar alive, yet.
>
>I've heard about this adventure... what's the name and where's it found?  I
>wanna start 'em in East Texas so...  Besides, it'll make "Jonah Hex" that
>much better having seen the initial events!

I've never written it up - almost doesn't need writing up.  Start all the
characters (provide them yourself - it's a demo) in a Nacogdoches saloon.
Give' em a 5 minute in character speech about the setting.  Then have a
Zombie walk in the door.

When the first character steps outside.  Show him the 10 zombies shambling
to the door.  A lot of the players will recognize the Night of the Living
Dead ripoff.  Give a red fate chip to the first one to mention it out loud.

A few things I've done.
Really detail the saloon.  Gives the players some props.
Most of the zombies are of the slow moving, shuffling kind.  It really
surprises the posse when the final wave is the fast moving gun shooting
kind.
Any Npc or Pc that goes down, comes up in one round as a zombie - unless
they had a head wound.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Why did the chicken cross the road?

JFK:
The chicken chose to cross the road in this decade not because it was easy,
but because it was hard.