[DL] Re: Firing into H2H

The main problem I have with firing into H2H is really because of the group
that I game with, because at least half, indulge in creative dice rolling.
Our gaming arrangements make it hard to catch them at it, but when a fight
last's 3 rounds, an a guy dodges for at least 9 times in those rounds with
his actions a round and his mimimum dodge is 20+, I maybe cannot see the
dice, but something sure smells funny and it smells week after week.  As a
result I have NEVER seen any player go bust in combat, in 9+months of solid
Deadlandsing, hence there is little opportunity for interesting botches (So
I need to improvise a bit and make the rules work for me).

Because of this I'll probably go for something closer to what darklord wrote
(BTW:I write long posts because I can never think of the words to say - so I
use them all :)).  But in order to get across the dangerous nature of the I
may just roll 1D6 for each shot into H2H, a 1 meaning you've managed to hit
a friend as well as your target( reduced damage tho).  For a miss, a 2
(possibly a 3?) would mean that your friend was hit.

By the way, while we are on the subject, if a Huckster casts Soul Blast into
combat and succeeds in the roll, but misses his target, would you roll to
see if anyone else is hit.  The H&H book states that it is effectively an
invisible bullet, hence I ruled that it would (you should have seen one of
my players' face when he realised that the huckster could possibly hit with
a 6D10 soul blast - priceless).

Roy (who doesn't use 1 word when 912 will do)