Re: [DL] Names

>>Now this may seem as a dumb question, but is there a
>>distinct difference between names found in the North
>>vs the South?
>>
>>-Munch Wolf
>>

>Only one I know is the Tolliver Taliaferro bit: In the south, they spelled
>in the second way, pronounced it the first way. But that may have come up
>post-war.

Well - I think that there's a difference.  But that's because I was having
trouble coming up with a good name for a German blooded engineer.

And then I realized I was mostly looking through Confederate rosters.

To find these rosters, just go to any search engine and search for "Civil
War roster".  I even found a Darious in one of 'em.  He was Confederate,
unfortunately, but hey - you can't have everything.  :-)

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Why did the chicken cross the road?

JFK:
The chicken chose to cross the road in this decade not because it was easy,
but because it was hard.