[DL] Re: Faminites (SPOLIERS)

I just read a reference to faminites and I just had to relate this little
chapter of my ongoing deadlands story...
SPOILERS

The Posse was in New Orleans, working for the Sultan (who, abeknownst to
them, had been replaced by one of Baron LaCroix's skinwalkers, but that's
another story), and they were intercepting a carriage delivering a faminite
to Haven hospital for Solomon Thayer. They intercepted the carriage and
found a square box inside. A fight ensued but the only person who was
wounded was one Caleb Lazarus, who, at the time, was not known to be
harrowed (by himself or anybody). The martial artist recognised the nature
of the faminite, and knew how infectious they are, and told them that the
only way they could remedy the situation was by finding a Taoist priest.
Naturally, these are hard to come by at 3 a.m in the morning. I had already
ruled that as far as I'm concerned harrowed aren't infected by faminites, so
I just decided to lead them on a merry goose chase. Eventually, they decided
a regular old Catholic priest would have to do. The priest was a bit bemused
by this and so recommended that Caleb "take two vials of holy water and see
him in the morning". Of course, the manitou inside him knew that would be a
bad idea so it took control and had Caleb flee the scene. And despite all
this, it has still taken the posse another 6 months to figure out that caleb
is harrowed...

Reuben McCallum