[DL] Range Wars

Howdy Everyone

I have been working too much even to lurk lately, so I don't know if this
has been talked about.  I saw that Fantasy Flight Games is going to make a
Deadlands version of Disk Wars Called Range Wars.

Here:
FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES TO PUBLISH 'DOOMTOWN: RANGE WARS' IN JULY 2000.

Pinnacle Entertainment Group (PEG) and Fantasy Flight Games (FFG) are proud
to announce the forthcoming publication of Doomtown: Range Wars, a
Disk-based game set in PEG's popular 'Deadlands' universe.

FFG's C.E.O Christian T. Petersen commented on the opportunity, "With the
success of the Deadlands RPG, the DOOMTOWN CCG, and DISKWARS, this is going
to make a splash. FFG is planing to premiere the game at the Origins 2000
convention, so look for this shootin' tootin' beast to hit the streets of
Columbus in July."

DOOMTOWN: RANGE WARS is a brand new game using FFG's proprietary Disk-game
mechanic. The game will ship in 8 basic game sets, each containing a mix of
fixed and random Disk Flats. These sets will explore the travails of eight
"Outfits," some of which were made famous (or infamous) in the DOOMTOWN
CCG -- The Whateleys, The Collegium, The Wretched, and the Morgan Cattle
Company.

Doomtown: Range Wars will not be compatible with DISKWARS.

PEG's president Shane L. Hensley commented, "We are thrilled to see
DEADLANDS and DOOMTOWN translated into FFG's fascinating new Disk game
concept. FFG has proven to be an inventive company committed to high quality
product lines. Also, I just can't wait to flip my harrowed dudes into a
frothing gun duel at high noon."

"DEADLANDS is one of our favorite settings," continued FFG's Christian T.
Petersen: "We had always hoped to, somewhere down the line, work with the
great staff at PEG. DOOMTOWN: RANGE WARS has given us this opportunity. The
world has just become a cooler place."

The eight DOOMTOWN: RANGE WARS starter boxes due to ship in late June 2000
will each retail at $9.95.

Sorry if that was redundant
Travel'n Jones
jrickel@fusionone.com