[DL] FW: [DL-OT] Vacation Anecdote #1 [John Goff read this]

This was so classic I just had to forward it to the regular list... It's
from Kimmet.

Enjoy.

Brian.

> From: RYAN.KIMMET@DFAS.MIL
>
> I've been meaning to share this since I got back:
>
> We're (we = me, my current DL Marshal who I'll simply call
> 'Dude,' and our wives) driving through the Mojave desert from
> L.A. to the Grand Canyon. Not used to driving through such
> vast stretches of *nothingness,* we forget to top off the gas
> tank before we leave civilization.
>
> So we're cruising along, it's getting dark, and Dude says,
> "we're low on gas." We press on, a little uncomfortable that
> we don't know when we'll come across some fuel. But being a
> true frontier explorer, I've got my cell phone and AAA card,
> so I'm not too worried about buzzards feasting on our
> carcasses just yet.
>
> Somewhere around 1/8 of a tank, we see a brightly-lit gas
> station up ahead. "Huzzah!" we cry, and pull off onto the
> exit road leading to this overpriced oasis in the night.
>
> Dude and I both catch the name of the road at the same time:
> "Goffs Road."
>
> He points at the sign, and I say, "huh." Our wives give us
> funny looks, but we're used to that.
>
> We all get out to stretch our legs, and I start filling up
> the car. Dude's wife looks around, points into the darkness,
> and says, "look--something's moving out there." Sure enough,
> it looks like something long and dark is rolling slowly past
> the gas station about 50 yards away from us.
>
> My wife stares at it in the moonlight and says "Oh. It's a train."
>
> A night train. By Goffs Road.
>
> Dude and I just turn and look at each other.
>
> We paid for the gas and got the hell out of there.
> Ryan "life is stranger than fiction" Kimmet
> RKimmet@DFAS.MIL

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.