Re: [DL] Ghost Rock Tipped Bullets

----- Original Message -----
From: Roy Spence <roy.ster@virgin.net>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 12:20 AM
Subject: [DL] Ghost Rock Tipped Bullets

> One of my posse members wants to create some ghost rock tipped bullets.  I
> figure that he's not the first to think of it and I was wondering if
anyone
> out there has any ideas for effects or on it's feasibility?
> Cheers
> Roy

Sorry that its taken so long for me to reply to this one.
Anyway, here's my slant on things.The way that I see ghost rock in the game
is that it enhances the explosive quality of an explosion.
Now if the player wants to put powered ghost rock in his bullets, then let
him. The effect I would give him would be similar to those of Dual purpose
rounds in other games like CP2020. To an unarmoured target the damage of the
round would be 1.5 x i.e. if used in a pistol the damnage is usually 4d6.
Now you can either let him roll 6d6 or multiply the 4d6 damage by 1.5.
Against armoured targets, halve their armour value but halve the damage that
goes through. Let him roll the 4d6, apply this damage to the halved armour
value and the the remaining damage that would normally go through is halved.
Oh and make sure that the rounds have a reliability roll Something like a
15 - 16 max depending on the rolls he gets for designs etc.
Minor malfunction - the bullet goes off but fails to explode on contact.
Half the                                 damage done. Period.
Major malfunction - The bullet goes off in the cylinder. 4d6 damage toi the
shooters hand.
Critical malfunction - The bullet goes off in the cylinder, setting all the
other                                         bullets off. ( the damage from
this depends on the amount                                 of rounds left in
the cylinder and the type of rounds. If its
full and they are all ghost rock tipped OUCH!!! 3d20
damage and its up to you if you want to make it
incremental damage for that explosive effect ( I know I
would heeheehee). With other loads I would scale it down
as you feel appropriate.
You might also have the player start to suffer from ghost rock fever with
prolonged exposure to the stuff. But then you don't have to tell him about
that little side effect do you?
I hope that this helps and again I apologise for the lateness of this reply.
Marshal Psycho
marshal_psycho@medik.in2home.co.uk
"...in fact, your probably seeing double !"
"I have two guns. One for each of you !"
Doc Holliday to Billy Clanton - Tombstone