[DL] Follow up to a Query for all you Marshals Kinda Long

To everyone of the Listserve, I thank you for your in put, as it has not
only rectified my problem in the short term but has also give me several
adventure and campaign ideas.

To those who are interested, I want with an unbeatable creature to take them
out.  Their fear and imagination.

Knowing that they were just going to blast at anything, and stationed in the
French Quarters of New Orleans, I had them complete a simple delivery task
to an abondened warehouse on the river.

Inside they were suppose to meet up with a small french man to deliver a
letter too, something they wanted to do as they are motivated by money and
were being rewarded well.

Inside the lighting was poor, and the river was splashing against the dock
and in turn the side of the building, so they kept here noises, much like
someone walking near the far wall.  <I gave them an impression of what they
heard, and let them run with it> W

Well that got their guns blazing, and them running around searching for this
person/thing...

In the maze of boxes, walls, etc they got seperated so I but them in
different rooms of my house and played "secret room" with each of them.
Well, thinking they were being chased cause now they good hear the other
posse members running around as well, one of them set up an ambush and
waited for his prey.

He watched the shadowy approach of someone sneaking forward, took three
beads on the forms head and let it rip.  Massive damage, but I told him the
thing bought it off.  Then excused myself to see how one of the others were
doing.

Well in the end, I had them kill each other, with only one person surviving
and finding out the truth of the matter.  Of course they were pissed until I
pointed out that they fired on each other, nobody fired on them!

So thanks again everyone for your help. And if anyone else has this problem,
this will probably settle it, as my players vow to never shoot first, but
rather ask questions.

Doc Dread
"Yes, my mother did indeed buy these shoes for me.  Thank-you for noticing!"