Re: [DL] Civil War Battles

Mr. Dirk (No Last Name Needed:)) wrote:
>Specifically I am looking for a few battles prior to the reckoning,

	As far as battles go, none prior to the Reckoning differ from their real
life counterparts. Therefore, if I can't come up with anything
satisfactory, there are countless on- and off-line resources you could
consult. Feel free to use any battle prior to Gettysburg (1-3 July, 1863)
and rest assured it fits into *DL* continuity.

>I am not sure
>when, but as for where, well, as far west as possible would work best for
the story
>I have in mind.  Anything you could give me would be helpful and appreciated.

	The farthest-west land battles of the entire (real) War were part of the
1862 New Mexico Campaign. Confederate troops from Texas invaded the New
Mexico Territory and fought several battles, most notably at Valverde (21
February) and Glorieta Pass (26-28 March).

>Thanks in Advance,

	You're quite welcome--I hope this helps!
	Please feel free to hit me with any follow-ups.

	(PSSST! Hey bub! Ya got a WBTS question, too? Post it here and PEG's
unofficial War poobah will be happy to give ya a [semi-]official answer.)

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God