[DL] Dr. Pepper

Ok, I've thought of the background for my adventure about the town where
everyone's evil as sin. If you don't mind, I'll just put my thoughts down
here for criticisms and general feedback.

The adventure takes place in a small town, the name of which I haven't
decided, or the location. That isn't important anyway. The posse arrive and
they see an old man about to be hung from a tree, a small group of bandits
and thugs surrounding him. The posse should save the old man, (called Dr.
Pepper; he's a mad scientist who owns a factory near town), who looks gentle
and nice, and who acts nice and helps the posse out, showing them to the
best accommodation in town, giving them a reward, etc... He explains the
thugs were angry because he (Dr. Pepper) had blamed the recent disappearance
of several towns folk on the bandits. So, the posse stay for the night, but
now the sheriff's gone missing too over-night, so obviously the bandits
weren't to blame. The posse will stick around, and, as I said, they get a
whole bunch o' leads but they all end up with a person who's guilty of the
wrong crime. Along the way, they should find out about some prominent people
in town, including Dr. Pepper, who's factory, it turns out, is what keeps
the town alive.

Dr. Pepper, you see, manufactures a revolutionary new bubbly, non-alcoholic,
cola beverage, the secrets of which are kept in under lock-and-key. He
hasn't started exporting it yet, but everyone in town says it's "the best
thing since rot-gut whiskey and it don't even get ya drunk". As it turns
out, the secret of making the drink bubbly is to place a small sliver of
ghost-rock into the cap of the bottle, which is also the reason the drink
makes a distinctive hissing sound when it's opened. It's also why the
drink's so addictive. Unfortunately, consumption of the beverage "angries up
the blood", and continued use eventually turns the drinker as evil as them
manitous. It convinced the local ex-union captain to start performing
hideous experiments in his mansion's basement, it convinced the local
"mistress" to dabble in the work of hucksters and arm all her ladies with
derringers, and so on...

It was in fact Dr. Pepper who kidnapped the people in question, to perform
experiments with new products in his line, such as Cherry Cola, and
alcoholic cola. The posse beat him, happy ending right? Maybe not. Maybe the
town goes crazy when it can't get its 'fix'. Maybe they turn on the posse.
Maybe some of the posse sampled Dr. Pepper's drink too and now they're a bit
evil and addicted. Maybe Dr. Pepper escaped and he's going to set up a
bigger, better factory and start exporting. Who knows?

Sorry that was rather long. Thoughts, feelings, flames?

Tim, a.k.a. Dan Wesson, alias: Dynamite Dan