Re: [DL] Hexarcana

> Good. I wonder if it will be like my own house rules (check out
> http://www.glinx.com/~fish/dl/hsrules.html#chin)? I made a number of
> changes, but the most important was eliminating the rule that Fu Powers
cost
> double to raise.

Actually it's pretty darn major. Hopefully I generate too many
book), but...

Martial arts will now work on Strain. It keeps the cost of the power
increase down, prevents the added burden of Fate Chip expense to use an
Arcane Background, levels the playing field more (no more fu fighter A with
2d10 Spirit can only save 20 chi, but fu fighter B who drew the Ace of
Spades for 4d12 Spirit can save 48 chi points), works on a central
hexslingin'-style skill like all the other ABs in DL, and flows seamlessly
into HOE (since John Hopler's doing them for Waste Warriors later this year
anyway, it seemed foolish to write two different systems for the same AB,
especially if folks end up travelling between settings). Also, at the bare
bones level, it's basically the same setup--spend points, activate a power.
Now it's just a little streamlined.

John