[DL] Cray Canyon Cold Snap

Howdy Folks

Not being able to sleep last night I started looking through an old White
Wolf magazine.  I apparently bought it many years ago, in the throws of a
violent fever.  As I still have no recollection of the events, yet I hold
the magazine and it appears to be material - not that I put much stock in
material existence anyway.  Its fun though me buying a White Wolf magazine,
I don't ever remember being gay at any time of my life.  Maybe I have read
Space Mouse, maybe.

Any way, The magazine had a GURPS Western/Horror adventure called Cray
Canyon Cold Snap.  I think it was written by a S. John St. Rose or something
goofy like that.  <- If S. John St. Rose is reading please don't be offend I
use goofy as a place holder adjective only.  <THINLY VEILED THREAT TAG>If
you really have a problem with this email me privately and I can give you my
home address. <\THINLY VEILED THREAT TAG> It looks perfect for Deadlands.

It sort of focuses on a stretch of rail line that is believed to be haunted.
This is a great Idea.  You always hear ghost stories about roads and areas
of the highway which are haunted.  By that I mean those of us who go out
looking for personal tails of supernatural are always hearing stories about
roads and areas of the highway that are haunted.  The adventure looks pretty
good and well written.  Well except for the points where St. Rose tries to
bust out his/her? gamer big vocabulary.  They use the word extrapolate, I
just can't tolerate that particular variety of insolence.

I would post the adventure to the list but I wouldn't want any of White
Wolf's chocolate cover stick boy lawyers bashing down my door.  Rifling
through my stuff, and hauling me off to there gamer brainwashing camps.
Chanting mantras of "We are natures' finest beast.  Evolutions end result"
til I renounced Deadlands.  And I'm saying "Oh sir why would I want to play
that game.  Storyteller games are so much better.  I roleplay not ROLLPLAY.
Yes I am a screwed up freak that never had any friends in high school, and I
just can't get over the fact that I wasn't popular. <REALITY> I wasn't
popular in highschool, but I actually have a good self image and done care
about highschool, And hey I'm 26 I would be pretty pathetic If I was still
upset<\REALITY> I need to roleplay in a city environment with princes and
politics that is modeled after that highschool i was so unpopular in.  But
now I'm a vampire I am cool, on of the beautiful people."  I would be a lamb
punk and all my wargamer friends would come kick my butt, as a matter of
principle.

Luckily the above events have not happened yet.  So If you want a copy of
the adventure I can copy it and snail mail it to you.

Sorry about the above craziness, I was in a weird mood

Your Gentle bard
Travel'n Jones
jrickel@fusionone.com