[DL] Historical Source Material

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a book that may be of interest to some of you on the list.
It's called "The Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in the Wild West From
1840-1900" by Candy Moulton. It is an excellent resourse on most aspects of
life in the west during the time period mentioned above. There are sections
on the land, government, and war, including land ownership, Indian
territories and lifestyles, U.S. and Indian treaties and western wars;
everyday life including clothing, food and drink, architecture, furnishing a
home, marriage and family, doctors, dentists and medicine; and wild west
society, including education, employment, entertainment, language, travel
and communications, crime and punishment and coins/money and how much things
cost. The book is 326 pages long and hardcover, published in 1999 and
retailing for $18.99. I can't recommend this book enough to those who want
to include historically accurate things in their Deadlands games. Several
western fiction and non-fiction writers comment on the back cover and inside
on the value of this book.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Jim