[DL] Amusing True Story

Ok, I have to tell this now because the player brought it up and I think the
whole thing will have you rolling on the floor.

The Player: Ryan
The Character :Jack Grey huckster
the Problem: has black lightning but no throwing black lightning skill, also
no guts and a tendancy to go through fate chips quite quickly.

Here's what happened, Jack and buddies were hold up in red rock colorado via
the Abra Kadabra adventure and Jack was just now realizeing the huge error
of his ways.  Wow I can create 20+ charges of lightning but I can't hit
anything with them!  So he wandered away from the rest of the party to
practice the skill where no one could see.  The first time he casts black
lightning, Bingo! Backlash, total demonic reversal!
    Let's roll for charges,...25  at d6 damage per charge, all straight into
your body!  Instant death!
    So Jack blew all his fate chips for the session, 6 to be exact, on
saveing his own hide, I said that his own lack of throwing skill worked in
his favor and the manitou couldn't seem to hit him.  So singed but really
unhurt Jack returned to the party.

    NEXT SESSION:
Jack is fighting with the five skeletons on top of the train.  Our resident
gunbunny just rolled for 25d6 damage for a shotgun blast down a skeleton's
trought (I screwed up on that one my bad) 146 points damage.  Not to be out
done Jack decides to grab two of them at the same time and juice them both
for what he can get.  Bingo! backlash again!  Jacky is going to fry along
with the two skeletons.  More blowing of fate chips and general grumbleing
about how fate is a "B____".

Conclusion:  Thus having survived his own spells twice in a row, he truely
earned the name "Lightning" Jack Grey (blatant movie refrence)  Of course I
still call him sparky for short.

Ron Conner
Sadistic totally out of control Marshal with too much time on his hands.