Re: [DL] Hexslingers (STEVE LONG)

In a message dated 5/9/00 12:04:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
oleingva@ifi.ntnu.no writes:

<< There is something that is a bit unclear about hexslingers (from Law Dogs)
and that is how they use their cards. Must a hexslinger have a hand free to
cast hexes? Must this be his 'dominant' hand, as with huckters? Does cards
show up in his hand, or can the gun be used as a focus somehow? >>

    I think this has been discussed before, and if so, I take no
responsibility for giving the same answers now as I did then. ;)
    I tend to envision the hexslinger's contest with the manitou not as a
card game but as a sort of gunfight. Ergo, there are no cards appearing,
etc., but instead some effect more appropriate to that sort of contest (my
favorite being little bolts of eldritch electricity corruscating around the
hexslinger's six-shooters).  The contest would take place as the hexslinger
drew his gun to shoot for real, presumably.
    Of course, any of y'all are free to come up with your own "special
effects" for hexslinger spellcasting, if you're so inclined.  The above is
just one man's opinion.

Steve Long