[DL] Interesting character concept

Just for your interest...

One of the players in my campaign (Deadlands) wants to play a new and more
interesting character. He has come up with the following concept..

(side note - In my game, Hucksters don't necessarily draw actual cards
against a manitou to gain power from them. The mental battle for power is
represented in the hucksters mind as sonething that he can concieve of, so a
gambler/huckster might see the card game for power, while a
gunslinger/huckster may percieve it as a nigh noon showdown, and an old
english mage/huckster may see it as gathering shards of energy from the
ether, it all depends on the character).

OK, so, this guy wants to be a "knights templar" type of character. I'm
going to use the HOE Templar character as a base, and allow him to use
powers etc from that (and saints who are applicable - The John Wayne saint
is not going to happen because John Wayne has not lived and died by 1877,
etc). The twist is that he's a bit nutty. He has the Huckster AB, and some
hexes. He percieves the Manitou as Angels, and he has theological debates
with them, the power for the hex determined by how well he "argues his case"
(thus he believes the hexes are the power of God manifesting). What has
driven him so mad? He has been possessed by an insane manitou that thinks
it's an angel. It still spreads fear and suchlike in service of the
reckoners, but it thinks its doing this stuff in the name of God, and when
it takes him over it will punish sinners and suchlike, to fit in with the
characters weird outlook on life. He actually sees it as somewhat of an
honor to become an avatar of God occasionally :-)

He's tossing up with the idea of taking a THIRD Arcane Background - Mad
Scientist. He thinks that maybe these "angels" keep whispering things to him
about how he can construct artifacts in the name of God. Obviously, he's not
going to be terribly powerful - just a few hexes for interest and minor
science aptitudes. He's not trying to be a munchkin - this guy is one of the
best roleplayers I know, and he's just trying to be interesting, not overly
powerful.

Has anyone else played Templars in the DL timeline? Any potential
problems/issues I should know about? What about Templar/Huckster/Mad
Scientists who are possessed by an insane Manitou? :-)

Brian "He could add Fu powers and kick ass for the lord :-)" Leybourne.

.-->
Brian Leybourne
NT Systems Administrator
Wang; Air New Zealand
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.