[DL] Re: (OT) Bad Batman and WWW

In a message dated 5/13/00 10:51:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
deadlands-owner@gamerz.net writes:

<< Batman & Robin (the one with Mr. Freeze). At the end, after
 Batman saves the day from Freeze, the city is thawing. Someone opens a
 frozen car door, and the sheet of ice flowing off of it FLAPPED! Flapped,
 like the fake piece of plastic it was. >>

    Not to mention the fact that every single dang part of Gotham City was
covered in pink neon lights.
    Or the subtle plot. No more strange encounters leading up to the central
villain. This time, it's just "Yo! Batman! Mister Freeze is robbing the
museum! Come kick his butt!" in the first five minutes. (And the fact that
Bane seemed to exist solely for the purpose of pushing Poison Ivy's shopping
cart.)
    I'm not even gonna' go into the dialogue.

    But you know what I absolutely loved about Wild Wild West? Besides
screwing up virtually all of the characters? (Yeah, people rat on Will Smith.
But I didn't like Kevin Kline as Artemus Gordon, or that other dude as Dr.
Loveless either.) Or the really bad jokes? Or the bad, bad, story?
    I loved the fact that every single scene looked like it was shot on a
stage! Not only that, but I loved that it looked as though the
cinematographer/director guys did it on purpose!

-Grogskar