[DL] Re: Shamans and Trains

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:17:50 -0400
> From: coburn@sympatico.ca
> Subject: [DL] Shamans and Trains
>
> Heya Daphné,
>
> I am assuming that this is the GM's Circle game?  (Damn, and I so want to
> try actually PLAYING Deadlands one day...)
>
> Personally, I would try leaving things as they are, rules-wise.  You may
> notice that Shamans are pretty much useless at on-the-spot conjurations,
as
> Appeasement costs are pretty high, and accumulating that many points takes
> time.  It will be penalty enough, I suspect.

Heh. Not after they got the "Ghost Dancers" treatment... I suggest you check
it out. It seriously changed the way I saw Shamans. Before I thought they
were excellent characters for good roleplayers to take, but terrible for
combat unless you knew you were fighting someone in two weeks. They still
are good roleplaying choices, but now a gamer that like to kill stuff can
play them, too. They just run out of steam fast.

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com