Re: [DL] Game stories:Summer session

>>One really good example is the time he took a simple action to
>>grab the (wo)man-in-black's butt while chargeing a huge horde of priarie
>>ticks.  After combat she kicked him in the nuts repeatedly and I gave him
>>three wound levels for several hours (which was also good because he had
>>don't get em rilled).  The tick attacks also managed to shred some
clothing
>>which also left our huckster with something to oogle/grope/you get the
>>picture.

>Frankly, I don't find this funny in the slightest ...

Ok just so I'm clear.  I didn't really want it to happen.  In fact I
actually suggested that the player shoot him in the head (ic of course) an
be done with it, but she declined.  The kicking him in the nuts was totally
her idea and she did gain chips from an effective use of roleplaying.  He
however only got a few early on but didn't later becuase I felt he was
abuseing the hinderance.

>I ain't gonna get all high-and-mighty ... but I'd think very carefully
>before I let another potentially offensive player character into a
>publicly-run introductory game.  Randy is definitely the Hinderance to
>avoid in demo games.

There are a couple of good points to make here.  1.  You should be careful
of the kinds of edges and hinderances you pick for demo characters.  Now
admittedly this was a prebuilt character that he was using for the frist
time and I had only marginal marshal control over his choices but I still
could have done better.
2. You can't stop creative roleplaying.  Taking the person aside would have
been more appropriate, (for a few reasons some of which are personal).  If
someone wants to roleplay a hinderance or a character trait it is not my
place to call them bad for doing so.  I encourage roleplaying where ever I
find it because without it we might as well all go play yatzee with our
d6ers and skip the character sheets.

>Probably said a lot more than it really warranted, but I noticed no one
>else had commented on this and I figured I had to say something.  Now I'll
>probably get flamed ...

There are not flames hot enough to touch an argument this good.  If you get
flamed it would be a remarkable first.  I do however appreciate your
comments on that subject because it was something I feel very strongly
about.  Both as a marshal and as a guy who is trying to get a date with one
of thoes players.

    Carry on, good people.

Ronald "Flame me for a bigot if I'm lying" Conner