Re: [DL] Keep persoanl conversations, personal

>Subject: [DL] Keep persoanl conversations, personal
>
>Please keep you personal conversations, personal.
>I think all the board would agree.
>Thanx

Once mailing lists survive past the "8 month hitch" (that is, most lists die
off within the first 8 months) and especially when one has been going as
long as this one has, a community of friends develops.

I have been on this list for about 2 years now (which makes me a relative
newcomer compared to some, admittedly) and as such consider most of the
members here my friends, even though I'm never likely to meet them face to
face, living in New Zealand as I do.

Sure, the primary reason for the list is discussions of Deadlands and
related material, but you also have to remember that the only reason (when
you get right down to the core of it) that people roleplay at all is to be
sociable and have fun with friends. As such, if you expect every post to be
specifically related to Deadlands and are going to be irritated when people
post more personal messages to each other, you're going to be irritated a
lot. Some OT threads tend to linger a little longer than they should, but
occasional personal messages are not only acceptable, but are in fact quite
welcomed. I think Allan (the "board" as you put it) will back me up on that.

I find it particularly amusing/interesting that you are an extreme newcomer
to the list (or a long time lurker, as I don't recall seeing you post
before), and you see fit to lecture to Lisa, who although I don't know how
long she's been here, it's longer than me, so over 2 years. Besides which,
that message was obviously intended for the OT list and was accidentally
posted here. Cut her some slack eh?

Relax, sit back, take a deep breath, and yank that dead animal out of your
nether regions.

Brian "Jeez man" Leybourne.