[DL] Black Lightnin'

I remember there being a debate about whether or not the hex Black
Lightnin' was broken.  I'd like to contribute my own arguement and possible
solution, hopefully without kicking a dead horse in the process.

I had the opportunity to Marshal a group last night composed of half
newbies.  So innocent, so trusting... Anyway, one of the newbies decided to
play a huckster, and took Black Lightnin' as his sole combat hex.   I've
got no beef with the player, as he played the smooth gambler-type very
well, and stayed in character the whole time.  However, at one point he
managed to charge up a 36d10 Black Lightnin' [sound of splattered baddies
and Marshal's jaw hitting the table].  It wasn't just a fluke either.  He
consistently gets 16d6, 24d4, and so on. His character, while above-average
stat-wise, is nothing really spectatcular- it's the mechanics of the hex
that allow him to do so.

So, my solution: When roll for the number of charges built up, instead of
totaling the dice, take the highest just like a normal aptitude check.
With aces and all, it still allows for some serious butt-whuppin', but
tones the power down to a reasonable level.

-Evil Marshal Mayfield

Zombie: Is it in you?

The Hell's Bunker- http://www.geocities.com/hellsbunker