Re: [DL] Hanging Question, need an answer by 3pm EST (GOFF)

Depends on the method:

Average lame lynchers could take a long time: after all, they are simply
asphyxiating the victim.

Plus, if the character is rescued or is cut down they might not be dead
(although asphyxiation can cause brain damage, lets not get gruesome)

Professional hangmen will weight the feet of the victim, or plan a steep
drop that will break the victim's neck.

I say: just follow the old rules.

If you have a particularly nasty hangman, you might want to have a contested
roll to see if the character's neck just snaps right away.

Hope the victim pulls some jokers!