Re: [DL] Re: Ghost Busters (spoilers)

> >>I was going to have her be a long term PC contact, considering both my
> >>rangers and their ranger spy are female (this is my 4 women 1 man
> group, as
> >>opposed to me 3 men 2 women group or my HoE 4 men 1 woman group
>
>Well, this adventure is a good way to introduce the party to her.
>
>Also, we don't KNOW what happened yet (and the set's just come out, so the
>chances of us finding out anytime soon are remote at best), so don't write
>her off just yet. All we know with any certainty was that she got "Recall
>Orders" and that Brigidier General Patterson is to be her replacement at
>the Gomorra posting. She supposedly got on a train headed east, but it
>crashed. They don't know if she was on it, wasn't on it, is dead or is
>just missing. Personally, I have a feeling she'll be back.

Personally, it sounds like our antagonist's doing.  Just my Knee-Jerk.  Get
rid of Katie, Get rid of the Ghost.
I just can't see Gen. King just offing her, and it seems like a bit
unnecessarily attention getting for the Whatleys.
Do you know what rail line she was on?

>Introduce the party to her. Get them to trust her...then take her away
>from them. Off-camera (meaning, as far as the "official" storyline is
>concerned), they may well be the reason she makes it back to Gomorra in
>the future. :)

May do that. would certainly provide a shock.

I ran an escape from Innsmouth-esque story with them raiding the City o'
Ghouls after they went through CoG.  The PCs spearheaded it.  I was going
to have her select them because they seem willing to do the right thing
and,. like her, to have seen quite a bit of difficulty.

Thus, she would be a sympathetic superior (something they have not had) who
would say "Your doing a good Job. I've been through this too"

Just taking her away when they return would be sadistic.  I may do that.

> >>This should just further that sort of motif.  Plus both had
> >>the same big faraway baddy, and a Noble Ranger like Katie should be enough
> >>to help one of the rangers who is wondering if she is doing the right
> thing
> >>(the blessed, not the Hexslinger)
>
>Absolutely, and her getting friendly with them would be a cool experience
>anyway.
>
>My thinking/suggestion was that they go on this mission for her (after her
>winning their trust through her own good merits), and upon their return
>(presumably to report back to her about the completion of their
>mission...however it ends), she's already left to go back east, and [like
>the current situation in the DT card game] nobody knows what happened. Do
>they trust Patterson, as the current head of Ranger operations in Gomorra?
>If they do, what is his reaction to what Katie has sent them off to do? Do
>they try to find Katie after her disappearance?

My fear is running afoul the metaplot.  Generally I avoid metaplot
charactors and events.  I ran CoD as it was light on those....also ran The
Mission (for my other posse) and On Harrowed ground.

>I just think there are quite a few cool plot threads that could spin off
>from this...particularly if your posse has handled their Southern ties as
>you said they did (and it sounds like it would have been a cool encounter
>to watch). I think what she did in the Doomtown storyline was great...a
>real example of putting duty to do what's RIGHT above any other, even if
>you might end up paying for it later.

agreed.

> >>I think it is a true shame they are dumping her.  did she get sidelined or
> >>did they make a big event of it.
>
>The short story in the newest rulebook was all about her having serious
>doubts about what the Rangers are doing in Gomorra, and thinking that her
>"work was done there." She meets her replacement, and doesn't really have
>a good feeling about him (and if you buy the starter deck, take a good
>look at her replacement and see if you don't agree with her...).

I may get the starter deck just for him.

>There is one event card in the new set called "Recall Orders" which shows
>her walking away towards a train station, one of her former subordinates
>giving the viewer a pained and somewhat angry look (for my money, one of
>the best pictures in the set). The flavor text reads something like
>"Dexter watched her walk away. No promises, no goodbyes. Just as they'd
>agreed." Good stuff.

cool.

>The way they've scripted her departure and disappearance, I'd say she's
>bound to be back. Where she's been or what she's been up to however...that
>I'll not even speculate on. ;)
>
>--Jacques

This is why I avoid metaplot stuff.

TBS