From: deadlands-owner@gamerz.net [mailto:deadlands-owner@gamerz.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 8:59 PM
To: deadlands-digest@gamerz.net
Subject: deadlands-digest.20000622-2

deadlands-digest-2                                Thursday, June 22, 2000

Re: [DL] Re: Ghost Busters (mild spo   Xotzil@aol.com
Re: [DL] curiosity (Doomtown based q   Xotzil@aol.com
Re: [DL] Brawlin                       mgkelly@axom.com
Re: [[DL] Harrowed Powers]             mgkelly@axom.com
Re: [DL] Tattoo Artwork for Stone      Xotzil@aol.com
Re: [DL] curiosity (Doomtown based q   mgkelly@axom.com
Re: [DL] Tattoo Artwork for Stone      mgkelly@axom.com
Re: [DL] Re: Ghost Busters (spoilers   baron11@netmcr.com
[DL] Small Press Minis Game            Xotzil@aol.com
Re: [DL] curiosity (Doomtown based q   baron11@netmcr.com
Re: [DL] Tattoo Artwork for Stone      darious@darious.com
Re: [DL] curiosity (Doomtown based q   darklord@dark-sky.net
Re: [DL] curiosity (Doomtown based q   baron11@netmcr.com

	unsubscribe deadlands-digest

Date: Thu Jun 22 23:06:37 2000
From: Xotzil@aol.com
Subject: Re: [DL] Re: Ghost Busters (mild spoilers)

<snip apology>

>>I just now read it. forgive my silence.

Heh. No problem...I certainly don't expect everyone to always pay attention
to my typically long-winded posts. :)

>>I was going to have her be a long term PC contact, considering both my
>>rangers and their ranger spy are female (this is my 4 women 1 man group,
as
>>opposed to me 3 men 2 women group or my HoE 4 men 1 woman group

Well, this adventure is a good way to introduce the party to her.

Also, we don't KNOW what happened yet (and the set's just come out, so the
chances of us finding out anytime soon are remote at best), so don't write
her off just yet. All we know with any certainty was that she got "Recall
Orders" and that Brigidier General Patterson is to be her replacement at the
Gomorra posting. She supposedly got on a train headed east, but it crashed.
They don't know if she was on it, wasn't on it, is dead or is just missing.
Personally, I have a feeling she'll be back.

Introduce the party to her. Get them to trust her...then take her away from
them. Off-camera (meaning, as far as the "official" storyline is concerned),
they may well be the reason she makes it back to Gomorra in the future. :)

>>This should just further that sort of motif.  Plus both had
>>the same big faraway baddy, and a Noble Ranger like Katie should be enough

>>to help one of the rangers who is wondering if she is doing the right
thing
>>(the blessed, not the Hexslinger)

Absolutely, and her getting friendly with them would be a cool experience
anyway.

My thinking/suggestion was that they go on this mission for her (after her
winning their trust through her own good merits), and upon their return
(presumably to report back to her about the completion of their
mission...however it ends), she's already left to go back east, and [like
the current situation in the DT card game] nobody knows what happened. Do
they trust Patterson, as the current head of Ranger operations in Gomorra?
If they do, what is his reaction to what Katie has sent them off to do? Do
they try to find Katie after her disappearance?

I just think there are quite a few cool plot threads that could spin off
from this...particularly if your posse has handled their Southern ties as
you said they did (and it sounds like it would have been a cool encounter to
watch). I think what she did in the Doomtown storyline was great...a real
example of putting duty to do what's RIGHT above any other, even if you
might end up paying for it later.

>>I think it is a true shame they are dumping her.  did she get sidelined or

>>did they make a big event of it.

The short story in the newest rulebook was all about her having serious
doubts about what the Rangers are doing in Gomorra, and thinking that her
"work was done there." She meets her replacement, and doesn't really have a
good feeling about him (and if you buy the starter deck, take a good look at
her replacement and see if you don't agree with her...).

There is one event card in the new set called "Recall Orders" which shows
her walking away towards a train station, one of her former subordinates
giving the viewer a pained and somewhat angry look (for my money, one of the
best pictures in the set). The flavor text reads something like "Dexter
watched her walk away. No promises, no goodbyes. Just as they'd agreed."
Good stuff.

The way they've scripted her departure and disappearance, I'd say she's
bound to be back. Where she's been or what she's been up to however...that
I'll not even speculate on. ;)

--Jacques