Re: [DL] Doomtown story

> Buckets of links aside, I think you're missing the point.
> Someone is putting a lot of work developing a "Storyline" for the CCG
which
> will may (or may not) have an affect on the RPG.  Access to that
information
> should be painless to the non-CCG RPGers (i.e., Sourcebook, Epitaph, etc.)

Don't sweat it--I'm on top of it. :-) Thanks to Patrick Kapera, I'm part of
the team that develops the story for the CCG now, so we'll be able to
expound more on it in print.

Where it's appropriate, I'm updating each outfit's info as it comes
available.

We're also taking steps to help insinuate the groups more into the RPG.
F'rinstance, rather than simply do a Smith & Robards II which would have
been merely a new edition of the catalog, we decided to target the second
book around the Collegium. That let's us still provide the same material as
far as gizmos/steam augmentation, but also gives a different take on the
background, introduces new plots and gives a bit of an update on what's
happened to the group since Doomtown or Bust!

I'm also looking at possibly detailing a personality or two that won't find
a place in our main books in issues of the Epitaph. We'll see how that one
goes before I make any promises though. :-)

However, some things you won't see on the RPG side:

Personal interactions down to the individual scale--Doomtown details a
single town and every single important (and a few non-important) persona in
it and how they interact with each other; I, OTOH, have an entire country
(well, actually the whole world <g>), to lay out for the players. A few
grains of sand do get washed by the wayside for that. :-)

Upcoming plots aren't going to be exposed until the CCG does; I may hint at
them, but they've got some really cool ideas that need to be allowed to
develop on their own.

Finally, let me assure everyone that the RPG will not become Doomtown: The
Weird West. It is going to maintain the same focus and feel that it's had
all along; rather than concentrate the story down to a single area, we're
instead drawing the important elements of the CCG into our own setting. Many
of those were already tied in (the Agency, the Rangers, the Maze Rats), and
some just beg to become part of the larger framework (Collegium-Hellstromme,
Whateleys--uh, other bad folks <g>, etc.).

So far, I like how things are working out _a lot_. :-)

John